Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Linda's Crockpot Beans for Dinner



Easy Crockpot Dinner 




One of my favorite crockpot foods is my variation of mild chili beans.  Easy and good for a couple of meals for me.  Two cans of kidney beans, drained; half a chopped onion or more; top sirloin steak cut into bite size (as much as you want); one 16 oz. jar of Pace Mild Picante Sauce; small can of green chilies, chopped; touch of cinnamon; season to taste with salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic powder (if you like garlic more than me, then chopped fresh garlic).  Small can of corn can also be added, but I prefer without.  I use top sirloin rather than stew meat or other steak, as it is always tender.  I cook on high for an hour or so, then low for two or three hours. Serve with a green salad.  I gave my recipe to a friend and she now makes it often, too. It's perfect for fall and winter meals. 



Linda


No comments: