Saturday, April 12, 2014

Building Suspense in Fiction


This is an excellent video by three successful writers on building suspense in fiction writing.   I found their views on first person vs third person of particular interest.  I have written in both viewpoints.  My Catherine Winter Private Investigator Series is in first person.  My last novel, Sound of Silence is in third, and the current novel I am writing is again in third.  It's a toss up as to which I prefer, but I think third person is less restrictive and allow for more freedom in creativity.  

Outlines--I have never liked them, going back many years to my high school and college days.  So I do not use them.

I've written screenplays so I can identify somewhat with what both Paul and Lee have to say about screenwriting, which they have both done.

 

~Linda 



No comments: